Appliance Repairs and Sales Tips
Maintenance tips for your appliances
Keep Your Machine Clean!
Washing machines are very often the most hard-working of your kitchen appliances. They need some simple maintenance to keep them working to their optimum.
Follow these five tips to keep your washing machine clean and in tip top working order.
• Keep the detergent drawer clean. Detergent drawers can be a haven for all sorts of germs and mould which tend to lurk around the old dried and crusted remains of your washing powder. Remove the entire drawer section if possible and scrub and scour with an old toothbrush and some domestic cleaning liquid.
• Keep the filter clear. All too often it gets blocked and this warm and humid place is an ideal home to breed germs. Take out the filter and clear out all the fluff and grime.
• Keep the drum clean. You may well have a tub clean function on your washing machine. If you do, you should run the tub clean cycle every three to four months. If you don’t have that function then every three to four months do a wash on 90 or 95 degrees with a plastic cup full of soda crystals in the drawer where you would normally put the washing powder, but with nothing in the drum. This will kill any bacteria lurking in the pipes and also freshen up the drum during the process.
• Avoid bad odours. Remember to leave the door of the machine open after a wash so that the air can circulate and eliminate any germs.
• Use the right detergent. It is thought that extra suds and liquid softeners may contribute to bad smells and mould.
For repairs, sales, service and spares, not just for your washing machine but for all your white goods throughout Gloucestershire, contact the friendly team at Power Point on 01452 730874 or visit our website http://www.powerpointglos.co.uk